Debating the various options while booking flights for a girly pink glittery weekend escape with some friends, my husband texted me:
"After all, you are too old to travel in Economy" Hmmm. Compliment? Insult? You decide. I couldn't.
Reporting this on twitter, Mrs Trefusis pointed out that it was probably one of the top 5 things a woman would like to hear. Here are some more.
A List of
The BEST THINGS Husbands and/or Boyfriends
(oh, are they mutually exclusive)
Could Say. But Don't.
- Your bum looks tiny in those jeans, you should get them in every colour.
- Here's your tea & toast darling, and the papers. Why don't you stay in bed, I'll take the children to the park for the morning.
- You're so rubbish at loading the dishwasher, from now on, it's my job.
- Oh, is Cindy Crawford the same age as you.. I always thought she was MUCH older.
- I'm just ordering some computer manuals from Amazon, why don't you have a look and order anything you want.
- Don't worry darling, it's perfectly normal for a woman of your age to stare at very handsome young men.
- You're right, shiny gold strappy sandals aren't quite right with that outfit, you should try to find some slightly matt gold strappy sandals. And matching clutch, obv.
- Oh, sweetheart, you look like you've got a terrible headache. Try to get a good nights sleep.
- I find those very toned, flat stomachs so unwomanly.
Any more..... ?